Thursday 27 July 2017

The Ginger Tree Guide to Beach Ready Pins!

It’s that time again ladies where we are all preparing to slip into a swimsuit and show off our legs on the beach. Now I’m not sure about you, but the thought of this in the past would leave me in a cold sweat and panic, but that was until I developed my own regime for beach ready pins!

Step One

It’s all about the preparation, a few weeks before I hop on a flight I make sure to up my moisturisation and exfoliating regime. This means not only does my skin feel smoother and more supple (top tip, rub the lotion in circular upwards motions and this can really help improve the appearance of stubborn cellulite) but also means for step two, waxing, the hairs are far easier to remove. My top product to use for an intense pre-holiday burst of moisture is Pinks Boutique Lemongrass & Mandarin Body Lotion. The pump bottle makes this perfect for slipping into your suitcase too and not running the risk of product escaping all over your toiletries! For a deep exfoliation you can’t beat the Pinks Boutique Sweet Orange & Neroli Body Salt Scrub, the smell alone will have you longing for the beach!

Step Two

One week before my holiday is when I time my waxes, this means that any slight redness or post wax tenderness has passed and I am still enjoying that gorgeous silky smooth just-waxed feeling! I use very high quality waxes that are less aggressive to the skin and don’t strip away your skins natural moisture and the Perron Rigot hot wax is a whizz at removing even the most stubborn of hairs. Plus all pre and post waxing products are Soil Association registered organic, that really protect and nurture your skin. Now I’m ready for step three…

Step Three

Step three for me is always applying a light layer of the beautiful Jane Iredale Tantasia. This is by far the best fake tan product I have ever used, and for all you porcelain skinned beauties (like me!) it builds to just the right level of natural colour. This is holiday skin in a bottle! Like the Pinks Boutique products this is also wonderfully moisturising (something that can’t be said of all fake tans that are notorious for leaving your skin feeling dry and patchy!) and smells divine. The fruity scent is a breath of fresh air when compared to the typical ‘biscuit’ smell that is true of so many fake tan products on the market.

Step Four

This final step is the most important holiday skin step of all and one that I can’t reiterate enough, and that is to arm yourself with a high quality, physical, not chemical SPF sun cream. My go to product is AlumierMD Sheer Hydration broad spectrum SPF 40 (tinted or untainted) or Clear Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 42 for oily skins. Both are light weight and easy to apply.
So there you have it, four very simple to follow steps that will have you slipping out of your sarong and bearing your pins like the goddess you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment