Thursday 11 January 2018

Scrap The Yearly Detox




The new year is finally here; I hope you have all had a great Christmas and New Years and enjoyed the fantastic food and drink that comes along with it.

However, the seasonal celebrations can often leave us feeling jaded and overindulged. So it is no surprise that the word Detox can sound appealing, especially with big companies pushing a plethora of Detox practices such as fasts and crash diets.

These can be detrimental to your fitness as the majority are extremely low calorie and primarily liquids, in turn, these type of diets can cause severe health risks such as vitamin deficiencies, muscle breakdown, irritability and headaches. Depriving your body of these essential vitamins and minerals can be bad news for your body, and can often cause more harm than good. 

Ok, I know what you are thinking, ‘So what should I do instead?’ Well if you keep an eye on my social media this month I will be posting some top tips on how to stay healthy this year, such as keeping active and introducing a digital detox. You may also want to have a look at some of the holistic treatments I have on offer at the salon.

What I hope you take away from my no-tox tips, is that there is no need to go to extremes and deprive your body in the pursuit of weight loss, instead simple lifestyle adjustments and taking time to show your mind and body some love can make all the difference! Have a happy, healthy January and let me know if you try any of my ditch the detox tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment